Building Regulations, Permit Applications, and Documents
Information and Guidance
- Call Before You Dig (CBYD)
- Carbon Monoxide Danger
- Commercial Building Plans - Instructions
- Contractor License Verification
- Drawings & Specifications
- Fire Marshals
- Health Department
- Homeowners Guide to Building Permits
- Pets & Building Inspections
- Private Third-Party Inspections
- Residential Electrical Service Checklist
- Sample House Plans
- Securing Vacant Buildings
- Solar- 1 & 2 Family Dwellings
- Solar- Commercial Buildings
- When Do I Need a Permit?
- Workers Compensation Insurance
FeesAny fees paid are non-refundable.
To schedule inspections call 860-253-6370 with
the permit number.
How do I get a permit to...
Permit ApplicationsThe building official has 30 days to review applications. Within 30 days of application either a permit or a reason for denial will be issued.
Permit applications are available only online.
Codes and Regulations
- Building Code - State of Connecticut (2016)
- Building Permit Law
- Demolition Statutes
- Demolition Regulations
- Demolition State Building Code
- Demolition Checklist
- Demolition License and Insurance Amendment
- Handrails, Guardrails, & Stairs for 1 & 2 Family Residences
- PE Use of Electronic Signatures
- Reroofing a Residence
- Residential Fences
- Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- State Code for Vacant Buildings
- Street Numbering of Buildings
- Swimming Pool Regulations
- Work Done Without Permits