- Children of working Enfield parents.
- Children of Enfield parents in school/training program.
- Special circumstances addressed on an individual basis.
Persons Authorized to Pick Up
- Person will be required to show picture identifying themselves and be on authorized pick up list.
- Any permanent change in pick up person is to be requested in written form.
- If the safety of a child is in question, the center reserves the right to make any determination necessary for the well being of the child.
- Sliding fee scale with cap available.
- Tuition prepaid weekly for 50 weeks per year excluding the weeks the center is closed, whether your child attends or not.
- Registration fee is due prior to enrollment.
- Please call for current non-sliding fee rates
- $5 per child for each 15 minutes between 5:30 and 5:45 p.m.; thereafter $5 for every 5 minutes per child.
- Chronic tardiness can result in dismissal.
Arrival and Departure
- Center opens precisely at 6:30 a.m.
- Center closes promptly at 5:30 p.m.
- If your child will not be attending the center or will be in late, you need to call the secretary's office before 9 a.m.
- Persons authorized to drop off and pick up your child must sign him/her in or out (mandated by the state law).
Change of Information
- It is mandated by the state that all information given on the application is accurate.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the center immediately of any changes, using a standard update form. This is extremely important should we need to contact you during the day in case of emergency.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to keep emergency numbers for your “back-up-people" current.
- All parents must park in the designated parking lot and walk the children to and from the classroom.
- The fire marshal is notified of any infractions.
- This is to insure the safety of your child.
- It is very important that you understand and fulfill this requirement!
Withdrawal From the Program
- We reserve the right to discontinue care at any time if we feel our environment is unsuitable for a child.
- The Director must be notified in writing two weeks in advance of withdrawal or pay two weeks fees.
- Enfield Child Development Center is licensed by the Office of Early Childhood and is routinely inspected by staff representing it.
- The local Health Department and Fire Marshall visit to make sure we meet requirements.
- Enfield Child Development Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- The center closes two weeks a year, once at the end of August, and once around the December holidays.
- The center is also closed: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Presidents’ Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day. Thanksgiving Day and the day after. Staff Development Closures posted annually.
- Signs will be posted to remind all families of an upcoming vacation day.
- You will be expected to pay for the full week whether your child attends all or part of the week.
Health & Safety
Physicals and Immunizations
- Connecticut state licensing mandates yearly medical physicals for I/T, 3’s and 4's. Copies must be provided to the center.
- School age children go less often.
- The immunization schedule is established in regulation.
- If a child is ill or sent home, he/she needs to stay out of the program the next day.
- A child should stay home from day care if he/she is unable to participate in the daily routine of the day care. A child with any of the following symptoms: earaches, diarrhea, vomiting, unexplained / undiagnosed rash, head lice, red eyes, fever, contagious / infectious disease (according to time frame), needs to remain at home at least 24 hours and until he/she is no longer ill.
- It is important every family develop alternative plans for your child in the event he/she is sick.
- Children, who come to day care when they are sick, can make us all sick.
- All parents must sign and agree to our discipline procedures prior to enrollment.
- The Director reserves the right to dismiss a child at any time if his/her presence is deemed a danger to himself/herself or others.
- Staff, who have been trained in the correct procedures, will dispense prescription medicine.
- The original prescription label must accompany the physician’s form (completed by physician and parent).
- Children’s medications need to be updated.
- nonprescription medicines also need a physician's form.
- Lotions and creams, including sunscreen, require a topical permission form to be completed by the parent.
- If a child is injured at the center, the appropriate first aid precautions will take place, followed by a report, which is to be signed by the parent. A copy of the report will be given to the parent after all appropriate signatures are in place.
- If your child requires hospitalization or emergency care, procedures will be followed as indicated in permission form signed by the parent.
- State mandated for infants, toddlers, and preschool children.
- Our days are very busy and all young children require a rest.
- Please dress children for active play.
- Please provide appropriate clothing according to the season for outdoor play (weather permitting).
- All clothing needs to be labeled with a permanent marker.
- No back-less shoes or jellies permitted.
- A change of clothes should be provided for accidents, creative projects, water play or otherwise (appropriate to the season).
- Please don’t forget to label these items as well.
- Parents are vitally important to us!
- We need your help and cooperation in many matters.
- Information about your child / children, that could help us long range or even news of a change in schedule, will help our staff serve your family better.
- We have an open door policy - stop in and see us anytime.
Parent Advisory Group
- We have a Parent Advisory Group who helps us make decisions concerning the program and the setting.
- There are many jobs we’d love to share and many ways parents can assist us to do a better job.
- Names of the Advisory Board Members are posted on our Parent Information Board.
- Parents may wish to consult them to share their joys or concerns.
Compliments / Complaints
- There is a procedure for contacting the Office of Early Childhood, in Hartford. posted on the bulletin board near the license.
- We would hope that you would use all avenues available to you at the center first.
- The director is always available to talk to you, impromptu or scheduled; appointments might be wise to be sure your thoughts can be heard without interruption.
- There are head teachers in each division who would be glad to speak with you as well.
- Lack of communication can often be a problem since it is difficult to really talk without interruption during the coming and goings of each day.
- We regard daily communication crucial.
- Compliments are accepted any time.
Equal Opportunity Provider
The Town of Enfield Child Development Center enrolls children and families regardless of race, religion, sex, or national origin.