Commission on Aging
|02/14/2018||Enfield Senior Center, 299 Elm Street|
|03/14/2018||Enfield Senior Center, 299 Elm Street|
|04/11/2018||Enfield Senior Center, 299 Elm Street|
The commission meets on the second Wednesday of the month.
The Commission on Aging consists of nine (9) members appointed by Town Council to serve for terms of three (3) years. In addition, there are two (2) alternates also appointed. Annually, the Town Council appoints members to succeed the members whose terms expire. Additionally, there are two (2) Town Council liaisons and one (1) member of Town staff who serve on the Commission.
The Commission on Aging was established to study the needs of and coordinate the programs for the aging. The responsibilities of the commission are:
- To foster understanding, respect and involvement of older adults in the life of the community
- To encourage participation of older residents in all aspects of community life
- To assure older citizens equal access to town resources, facilities, programs and development through consultation and participation in planning
- To continuously study and analyze the needs of the older populations in order to maintain innovative approaches to their changing needs
- To apply for state, federal and other grants that would support areas or needs that are important to older adults
- To coordinate local agency programs, both public and private, which provide services for the aged
- To submit a progress report to the Town Council every 6 months