ATTENTION ENFIELD RESIDENTS!
2010 NEW Leaf Collection Program
(One pass only)
Curbside bagged or contained leaf and yard waste collection will begin on November 1, 2010, and the entire town-wide collection is scheduled to be completed by November 26, 2010. Yard waste will be combined with the Leaf Collection Program.
2010 LEAF PICKUP PROGRAM
|If your normal Trash & Recycling pickup day is:
||Your leaf pick up will be scheduled beginning Monday and ending on Friday:
|Nov 1st |Week of Nov. 1st thru 5th
|Nov. 9th |Week of Nov 8th thru 12th
|Nov. 17th |Week of Nov 15th thru 19th
|Nov. 25th |Week of Nov 22nd thru 26th
There will be NO Friday yard waste pickup throughout the month
of November except on Friday, Nov 5th and Friday Nov 19th.
Up to 20 bags of leaves will be picked up on Friday, Nov 5th and Friday Nov 19th.
Yard waste will be picked up on your scheduled leaf day, as listed above.
Please have leaves bagged at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on Monday, the week of your collection period. No provisions will be made for residents who fail to follow this procedure. Residents may dispose of up to 40 bags of leaves in paper Kraft bags or yard waste tipper barrels, not to exceed 250 lb. weight restriction. If non-tipper barrels are used, they must have handles and CANNOT be larger than 35 gallons. Non-tipper barrels or bags and their contents cannot weigh more than 50 pounds.
PLASTIC BAGS, INCLUDING BIODEGRADABLE CONTINUE TO BE UNACCEPTABLE FOR COLLECTIONS.
Kraft yard waste bags, packaged in sets of 5 bags, may be purchased for $1.70 at the following locations:
- The Department of Public Works Complex at 40 Moody Road, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Angelo Lamanga Activity Center – Rec. Office at 19 North Main Street, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Enfield Senior Center at 299 Elm Street, Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Enfield Public Library at 104 Middle Road, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Pearl Street Library at 159 Pearl Street, Monday – Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Town of Enfield Transfer Station, Town Farm Road, Tuesday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Tax Office at Town Hall, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
FREE Direct Disposal at Transfer Station – PLUS an Opportunity to Win a Prize!
Residents or contractors can dispose of leaves and yard waste at the Transfer Station during normal hours of operation without a permit during the month of November (for yard waste only). Proof of residency will be required. Residents and contractors are reminded to keep contaminants such as plastic, glass, trash, etc. out of the leaves. During the period of November 1 through November 26, 2010 ONLY, the transfer station hours of operation will be as follows:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
If residents deliver and dispose up to ten bags or more at one time to the transfer station, the resident will be eligible to win one of four yard waste tipper barrels or a grand prize of a $100.00 Home Depot gift card. The raffle drawing will be held after the completion of the leaf program. To be eligible for the drawing proof of residency is required.
If residents utilize contractors to deliver and dispose of their leaves at the transfer station, the contractor will be required to obtain a voucher. This voucher can be obtained from the Enfield Public Works Department located at 40 Moody Road, Enfield CT or download and print the voucher . Contractors will not be able to enter the Enfield Transfer Station without a voucher “No Exceptions”. Only Enfield residents are eligible for prize drawing, contractors are not eligible for prizes.
For more information please visit www.enfield-ct.gov or call (860) 763-7561, 763-7560 or 763-7599.