APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 26, 2007 – see below on how to apply. Town of Enfield applications and on-line applications should NOT be used to apply for this position.
SALARY: to $55,000
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Substantial management experience, business management experience preferred, transportation experience is not required. BA preferred, or substantial experience; Strong written and verbal communication required; Must be able to work independently, without close supervision and to meet timelines; Ability to plan, organize, problem solve, and prioritize in a quickly growing organization; Track record in fundraising, community outreach or sales; Ability to work with all ITNNorthCentralConnecticut and ITNAmerica staff members; Highly organized and flexible in dynamic environment; Commitment to ITNAmerica’s mission and values
ITNNorthCentralConnecticut™ is the first Connecticut Independent Transportation Network and an affiliate of ITNAmerica®, the first national, non-profit transportation network for America’s aging population. The ITNâ model marries the power of information technology and the strength of local, grassroots support to create an efficient and financially sustainable solution to the transportation needs of seniors and their families. ITNNorthCentralConnecticut plans to beginoperations in the spring of 2008.
Position Summary: The Executive Director has primary responsibility for the economic sustainability of the non-profit corporation. He/she supervises all aspects of the North Central Connecticut Independent Transportation Network®, including operations, human resources, marketing, public relations, volunteer recruitment, information systems, finance and budget, to maintain an economically sustainable model program in the North Central Connecticut Area The Executive Director’s responsibilities include Board of Directors development and relations, financial management, VISTA program management, records management, customer relations, business and community relations, research assistance, budget development, community and corporate development and supervision of the annual appeal, the March of the Members and other fundraising events, the vehicle donation program, innovative payment plans (Ride & Shop, Healthy Miles, gift certificates, car trade, and support for development of the ITN software and replication tools.
General Administration and Governance
· Carry out all policies set by the Board of Directors pertaining to the Greater Portland operation, including human resources policies, employee training, and compliance with all relevant state and federal workplace policies.
· Adhere to all of ITNNorthCentralConnecticut and ITNAmerica™ policies and procedures.
· Schedule and staff all meetings of the Board of Directors and the annual meeting of the members; file or renew any annual reports or licenses with the state of Maine, and any other responsibilities as described in the Corporation’s by-laws.
· Serve Ex-officio as the President of the ITNNorthCentralConnecticut Board of Directors; accept and complete other tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Operations and Finance
· Efficiently manage the resources of the corporation so there is a sustainable balance of revenue from fares, rides from volunteers and fundraising dollars to cover expenditures.
o Work with ITNNorthCentralConnecticut staff to organize and maintain records of all ITNNorthCentralConnecticut business in the community, including membership, customers, business contacts, adult children and family connections, and all relationships through Community Outreach Programs, including the newsletter, web page and advertising brochures.
· Work collaboratively with the ITNAmerica Chief Financial Officer and the ITNNorthCentralConnecticut Board of Directors to develop and adhere to the annual budget and to assure that all financial records and reports are accomplished as required.
· Assure that all monthly personal transportation account statements and regular mailings, such as birthday greetings, are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
· Work with the dispatch office to assure that all aspects of the transportation service run smoothly, including the proper training and scheduling of drivers and dispatchers and the proper maintenance of vehicles.
· Work with the ITNAmerica Chief Information Officer to assure that the ITNNorthCentralConnecticut database is accurately maintained, that proper back-up systems are adhered to, and that all computer equipment is in good working order.
· Assure that customer service needs and issues are addressed in a timely manner
Marketing and Communications
· Implement all ITNAmerica marketing programs, innovative payment plans, and local public relations and media connections.
· Work collaboratively with the ITNAmerica Communications Manager and assure that press releases, public service announcements and all media activities, including the newsletter and the webpage, are carried out properly.
· Assure the smooth operation of all marketing programs, such as Ride & Shop, Healthy Miles, car donation and car trade.
· Recruit and supervise qualified VISTA members and file all reports for the Corporation for national and Community Service.
· Adhere to the VISTA work plan as approved by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
· Support and assist the VISTA members as needed to assure their successful integration into the organization and the community
Fundraising and Community Outreach
· Assure that long and short term fundraising program development and goals are established and met, including planned giving, the March of the Members, the annual appeal, the Adult Child Membership Campaign, the annual auction, grant writing, community relationships, and any other campaigns or outreach efforts.
· Maintain good community relations and recruit and support corporate relationships and sponsorships
· Effectively manage all regular ITNAmerica community outreach programs, including CarTrade, car donation, the annual appeal, the adult child/family membership campaign, the March of the members, the annual wine dinner, the annual auction, Ride & Shop, Healthy Miles and the gift certificate program
· Engage in grant writing for special programs, as needed
· Assure that all aspects of the volunteer program, including recruitment, training, reward and scheduling are properly carried out.
· Recruit volunteers on an on-going basis through public speaking, public service announcements or other similar forms of community outreach.
Safety and Training
· Assure that the work area and work practices focus on safety, including reports of all work related accidents via an incident report immediately and any possible work related safety concerns to the proper authority.
Salary and Benefits
Salary up to $55,000 and benefits commensurate with experience. www.itnamerica.org We are an equal opportunity organization.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: info@itnnorthcentralCT.org or ITN Executive Director Hiring Committee, 786F Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082 by November 26, 2007.