TOWN OF ENFIELD
Job ID #07-0050
2 Full-time, 1 Part-time
Also looking for Substitute Drivers
- RATE OF PAY: $12.00 per hour for Full-time, $11.04 per hour for Part-time
- CLOSING DATE: Friday, April 13, 2007
- REQUIREMENTS: Valid Commercial Driver's License, Class B with Passenger Vehicle Endorsement
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours for full time. Part-time not to exceed 19.5 hours, no benefits. Part-time hours are approximately 2 days per week: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Availability other days for relief as desired.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for transporting senior citizens and handicapped persons in a variety of Town vehicles. Drives a variety of Town vehicles; transports senior citizens and handicapped persons to and from appointments; operates two-way radio; collects fees; responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicles; responsible for bringing vehicle in for maintenance. May on occasion drive for other Town departments; performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, talk, and hear.
The employee must frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
MINIMUM TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Skill in the operation of a variety of vehicles; knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances and rules involved in vehicle operation; knowledge of the geography of the Town; ability to operate a two-way radio; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; considerable ability to understand and deal with people, such as senior citizens and people that are handicapped.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position.
Interested applicants apply by April 13, 2007. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Completed applications can be:
(1) mailed to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to email@example.com, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264.
The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F