TOWN OF ENFIELD
Job ID #08-0025
- CLOSING DATE: Deadine extended to Wednesday, February 27, 2008
- SALARY: to $81,061
- EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Bachelor's Degree with background in either Real Estate, Accounting or related field and eight (8) years of experience in the valuation of residential, commercial and industrial properties for assessment purposes. Experience in the valuation of business personal property for assessment purposes or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification by the Connecticut Association of Assessing Offices as a Certified Connecticut Assessor and/or certification by the International Association of Assessment offices as a Certified Assessment Evaluator. Must possess a valid driver's license.
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Highly responsible position involving the planning of a Town-wide program of real and personal property assessment as prescribed by the Connecticut General Statutes.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Director of Finance.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Directly supervises all division staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Responsible for the compilation of the yearly grand list; conducts valuation for assessment purposes of all real property and taxable personal property; implements State Elderly Tax Relief programs and Town Elderly Tax Relief programs; formulates Certificate of Occupancy proration; formulates prorations prompted by CGS 12-18a; implements all state and local exemptions programs; completes and files reports annually to the State of Connecticut; implements statistical procedures to track assessment equity in all classes of real property assessments; assists Town Attorney in litigation matters involving the assessment function; may serve as a witness in Court; reviews maps filed with the Town Clerk on an annual basis regular and punctual attendance.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Prepares additional reports for the Director of Finance and/or the Town Manager when required. Performs related work as required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch; crawl; talk and hear. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Extensive knowledge of the theory, principles, methods, and techniques of real and personal property valuation for assessment purposes. Considerable ability to analyze and form solutions to problems. Considerable knowledge of taxation statutes and subsidiary titles which effect the assessment function; knowledge of statistics. Ability to deal effectively with the general public, town officials and associates.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position.
Interested applicants apply by February 27, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F