TOWN OF ENFIELD
HEALTH AIDE II – ADULT DAY CARE
Job ID #08-0039
- CLOSING DATE: Thursday, January 31, 2008
- SALARY: $26,823
- EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Graduation from high school or possession of high school equivalency (GED) and three (3) years experience in adult day care environment or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be certified by the State of Connecticut as Home Health Aide or Nurses Aide. Must possess valid driver's license.
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: A demanding and responsible position, which provides healthcare and other essential services to individuals at the Adult Day Care Center.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of the Adult Day Care
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Regular and punctual attendance; provides limited health care services to individuals according to a plan determined by a physician and nurse; prepares meals including special diets; gives physical, occupational and speech therapy outlined by licensed therapist; assists with activities at the center; assists with the personal care, grooming, bathing, toiliting and hygiene of clients as necessary.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to body fluids and to patients who may have contagious illnesses. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Knowledge of physical, speech, occupational therapy skills to facilitate following care plans; knowledge of diet therapy to prepare special restricted diet meals; knowledge of non-skilled nursing care to deliver full range of care to clients.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position.
Interested applicants apply by January 31, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F