TOWN OF ENFIELD
ADULT DAY CENTER DIRECTOR
SOCIAL SERVICES DEPT.
JOB ID #08-0045
- SALARY: $42,915 - $50,683
- CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 21, 2008
- EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field and four (4) years administrative nursing experience. Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. Licensed registered nurse in Commonwealth of Massachusetts a plus. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible position, which directs and oversees all programs and personnel at the Adult Day Care Center; and provides essential services to elderly clients.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Director of Social Services or his/her designee.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Directly supervises all staff members and contractual service providers of the Adult Day Care Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Regular and punctual attendance; oversees, plans and designs programs for frail and elderly individuals; provides nursing care to clients; maintains centers payroll and all financial records; oversees use of building; maintains certification of center; keeps accurate medical records of all clients; promotes the Center as a safe and caring adult day care facility.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, walk and reach with hands and arms.
Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computer and various office equipment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to perform highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Ability to advertise and manage a modern adult day care facility; ability to keep accurate medical records of all clients; considerable knowledge of the motivation and capacity of elderly for participation in Adult Day Care Center activities; knowledge of variety of activities which can be available to elderly; considerable knowledge of community organization and resources for the older person; ability to organize and provide leadership for group activities; ability to write and speak effectively; ability to coordinate efforts of individuals and groups in achieving an effective program; ability to work with community agencies; ability to work and communicate with a wide range of people; considerable experience working with the elderly.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position.
Interested applicants apply by March 21, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F