TOWN OF ENFIELD
PUBLIC WORKS DEPT.
JOB ID #08-0046
- SALARY: to $87,699
- CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 21, 2008
- EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Must have 4 year degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in management of large Public Works infrastructual projects. Must possess a valid driver's license. Must be a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Connecticut.
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, but additional time may be necessary based on the needs of the Department.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Shall have the responsibility to oversee all capital improvement projects as well as the maintenance of all Town facilities and grounds.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Director and/or Deputy Director of Public Works.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Division Heads and divisional personnel under immediate jurisdiction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Prepares specifications for the procurement of engineering services as well as construction services; monitors construction for compliance with specifications as well as processes requests for payments; process change orders; schedules multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of progress. Oversees maintenance of Town facilities and grounds; regular and punctual attendance.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk/ use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, kneel, or crouch. Hand-eye coordination is required to operate computer and various other office equipment.
The employee frequently must lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Must be able to concentrate on fine detail with some interruption. Needs to attend to task/function for more than 60 minutes at a time. Able to understand and relate to specific ideas, generally several at a time and to understand and relate to theories behind several related concepts. Able to remember task/assignment given to self and others over long periods of time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Knowledge of construction practices, municipal bidding procedures and building and grounds maintenance needs; the skill and ability to perform inspection work for projects underway for compliance with plans; the ability to interpret the intent of the specifications under review.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position.
Interested applicants apply by March 21, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F