TOWN OF ENFIELD
REFUSE COLLECTOR - PUBLIC WORKS
Job ID #08-0047
- CLOSING DATE: Thursday, March 20, 2008
- RATE OF PAY: $20.48/hr. start
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
- EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: High school diploma or equivalent. Must possess valid drivers license. CDL preferred.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Duties involve the performing of strictly routine tasks in the collection of refuse on a designated route. Does related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the immediate supervision of an Equipment Operator I who issues simple instructions and sees that instructions are carried out.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Regular & punctual attendance; collects refuse on a designated route by picking up refuse and depositing it in vehicles; assists Equipment Operator I in disposing of refuse and in any manner required; carries out assigned housekeeping tasks; fills in for Equipment Operator I.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Other duties as necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms, stoop, stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, balance, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to crawl.
The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and occasionally to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.. Ability to work under unpleasant working conditions. Dependability.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities which comprise this position.
Interested applicants apply by March 20, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345.
Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F