TOWN OF ENFIELD
PT YOUTH CENTER ASSISTANT - SOCIAL SERVICES
(also seeking PT Youth Center Substitutes)
Job ID # 08-0048
- RATE OF PAY: Assistants $11.13 per hour, Substitutes $9.36 per hour
- CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, April 1, 2008
- MIN. TRAINING & EXP: Associates degree or equivalent in Human Services or related field plus a minimum of one year experience with youth on casework, group work, education, program development, recreation or equivalent combination. Valid driver's license.
- HOURS OF WORK: 15 - 19.5 per week (hours of the Center are )
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Youth Services Director, assists in supervising the daily operation of the Youth Center programs and members; utilizes a prevention and intervention framework to support and assist at-risk youth; stimulates interest and leads a variety of positive youth development activities.
Assists in planning and providing youth groups and clubs; carries out Youth Center policies and procedures ensuring members demonstrate appropriate behaviors; participates in staff training and team building; practices positive role model behavior; maintains a safe and clean Youth Center facility; assists in insuring the Center maintains adequate supplies; prepares daily paperwork; handles youth center monies as directed; assists in field trips and outdoor activities; does related work as required; regular & punctual attendance.
Ability to engage youth in positive relationships; knowledge and ability to facilitate positive youth development activities; knowledge and skill in leadership techniques; ability to be a positive role model; ability to carry out policies and procedures; ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships in a staff team; ability to communicate effectively.
Must successfully complete Town of Enfield sponsored First Aid and CPR training programs.
Hours of work are 2 to 3 evenings a week , and occasional Saturdays. Hours will not exceed 19 ½ hours per week.
Interested applicants apply by April 1, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345.
Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to email@example.com, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F