TOWN OF ENFIELD
PT SENIOR VIDEOGRAPHER, LIBRARY
Job ID # 08-0051
- RATE OF PAY: $12.00 per hour
- CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, June 18, 2008
- MIN. TRAINING & EXP: Knowledge and understanding of the operation of video and audio equipment in order to record and edit projects.
- HOURS OF WORK: Up to 16 hours per week as filming requires. Schedule varies based on filming requirements.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Act as videographer and video editor for E-TV, Enfield Television, Channel 16.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general direction of the Public Services Librarian
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Operation of the town video and audio equipment related to E-TV. This includes the operation of the central video facilities at Town Hall, the audio equipment in the town council chambers and all portable equipment used for off-site filming. Live video taping of town functions such as Town Council meetings, Board of Education meetings and all other functions deemed necessary by the management of E-TV
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Other duties as required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms, walk; lift push or pull objects up to 20 pounds. Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various pieces of video/audio equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to perform complex tasks requiring independent knowledge and its application to non-routine situations.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy. May be exposed to dust, fluctuations in inside temperatures and electro-magnetic radiation as in a computer screen.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Ability to deal with associates and the public in a courteous manner; ability to make decisions of other than a routine nature in order to meet controlling conditions; neat personal appearance; emotionally stable; pleasing manner.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: High school diploma with 5 years of pertinent experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position. Adopted:
Interested applicants apply by June 18, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F