TOWN OF ENFIELD
ASSISTANT RECREATION SUPERVISOR
JOB ID #08-0054
- SALARY RANGE: $38,146 - $52,452
- CLOSING DATE: Friday, June 20, 2008
- EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Recreation or a related field plus three (3) years of experience in recreation program leadership or an Associate's degree in Recreation or a related field plus five (5) years experience in directing recreation programs or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provide the demonstrated ability to perform the duties of the position. Must possess a valid driver's license.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible administrative and operational position. Involves planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, evaluating and supervising Town Recreation Programs. May act on behalf of the Recreation Supervisor in his/her absence.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general direction of the Recreation Supervisor.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Provides supervision to recreation program supervisors and instructors, clerical, seasonal and part-time staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Is responsible for assisting the Supervisor in the effective planning, delivery and evaluation of a comprehensive year round recreational program; plans, implements and supervises a variety of recreational programs, special events and trips; coordinates the summer playground/camp program and year round aquatics program; selects, supervises and evaluates seasonal and part-time staff; schedules work, approves payroll and provides orientation and training as needed; designs, publishes and advertises recreational programs and activities through seasonal brochures, posters, flyers and news releases; assists in the implementation and supervision of organized sports programs; coordinates the use of school facilities with principals and custodians; regular and punctual attendance.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Coordinates program registration; maintains program records; employee files and timesheets, accident and incident reports; assists in the preparation of the annual operating budget for assigned recreational programs; assists with equipment inventory and purchasing; assists the general public and responds to complaints and problems; assists in the development of division goals; makes recommendations for new programs; performs related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Thorough knowledge of the purpose and goals of public recreation, extensive knowledge of recreation activity areas involving sports, games, outdoor recreation, dance, music, art, drama, special events and aquatics; knowledge of facilities and equipment and the handling and operation for the same; ability in supervision, personnel management and evaluation; ability to instruct and lead groups; skill in communications and public relations; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates and public.
For a complete copy of the job description, visit our website www.enfield-ct.gov.
Interested applicants apply by June 20, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to email@example.com, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F