TOWN OF ENFIELD
WEBMASTER, IT DEPT.
Job ID # 08-0053
- SALARY: $52,452 – 63,577
- CLOSING DATE: Thursday, July 3, 2008
- MIN. TRAINING & EXP: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and four (4) years of web design and programming experience, good analytical skills, experience with complex projects and user interface design and programming. Familiarity with web services, data integration techniques and multi-tier web applications preferred.
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: A technical position responsible for on-going web development, maintenance and support.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the supervision of the Systems Development Manger.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Coordinates and maintains the Town's content management-based websites. Works closely with management, software development and network teams to define, develop and support a customer-centric web portal and lead other web-based initiatives. Develops data integration and presentation tier software for multi-tier web applications; implements user interface design features, and standards-based XML web services. Assists in the design of portions of automated systems; conducts systems analysis in order to define program specifications; writes specifications in accordance with approved standards; designs program logic to meet specifications and adheres to prescribed standards; codes programs in a variety of languages as required; prepares test data and tests designs to validate accuracy; performs troubleshooting; designs program logic to eliminate problems, accomplishes needed changes or increases operations efficiency; training, new systems needs and special reports; fulfills administrative reporting as required; analyzes specifications for completeness and conformance to standards; coordinates various software conversions; regular and punctual attendance.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computer and other office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms, walk; talk and hear.
The employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and remember multiple assignments given over long periods of time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position. Revised: 5-29-08
Interested applicants apply by July 3, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F