TOWN OF ENFIELD
BUILDING MAINTAINER I - PUBLIC WORKS
JOB ID # 09-0008
- CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, September 16, 2008
- RATE OF PAY: $20.10/hr
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Knowledge and skill in the use of tools used in building and equipment maintenance work; knowledge of concrete placement and finishing and related masonry work; ability to fill out simple reports, to follow oral and written instructions; ability to work without constant supervision.
- EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Two (2) years' experience in the placing and finishing of concrete and related masonry materials; or, two (2) years' experience in skilled and semi-skilled building and maintenance tasks; or, combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks involving concrete masonry and building maintenance duties. Does related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Building Maintainer II or other representative, as designated by the Building and Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Assisting the Building & Grounds Maintainer II in performing rough and finish carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and mechanical maintenance work on public buildings, facilities and equipment; repairs office furniture; repairs buildings' doors, windows and floors; repairs mechanical equipment; paints interiors and exteriors of buildings; obtains estimates for materials needed and plans work; assisting the Building Maintainer II in performing concrete work such as the installation and repair of sidewalks and curbs, including steps, brickwork, block work, and related masonry work; assisting the Building & Grounds Maintainer II in performing emergency repair work during off-duty hours as required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally, lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Interested applicants apply by September 16, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov, or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed applications or resumes to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264. The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F