TOWN OF ENFIELD
RECEPTIONIST, part-time - GENERAL SERVICES
Job ID #09-0012
- RATE OF PAY: $14.27 per hour
- CLOSING DATE: Thursday, October 9, 2008
- EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Graduation from high school or possession of high school equivalency diploma (GED) and one (1) year of employment in clerical work, involving some experience in the operation of a telephone switchboard. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HOURS OF WORK: approx. 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., but not to exceed 19.5 hours each week.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible independent work involving the operation of the 3 line phone from the Finance Office. Performs variety of clerical tasks for the Finance Department and related divisions.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the supervision of the Purchasing Assistant.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Regular & punctual attendance; operates three line telephone set; answers inquiries on the phone; keeps records of toll calls; receives and announces visitors; furnishes information to the general public; operates mail equipment for all outgoing mail, sorts all incoming mail; processes purchase orders logging, stamping, filing for General services Division; miscellaneous clerical assistance in Finance department and related divisions.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, reach with arms and hands, stand, use hands to operate, finger, grasp, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: Some knowledge of office procedures; ability to operate 3 line telephone set; ability to operate general office equipment; ability to deal with the public; clerical ability; ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions; ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position.
Interested applicants apply by October 9, 2008. Applications are available on-line at www.enfield-ct.gov or by calling the Human Resources Department at (860) 253-6345. Choose ONE of the following ways to apply:
(1) mail completed application or resume to Town of Enfield, Human Resources Department, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082
(2) e-mail your resume to email@example.com, or
(3) fax your resume or application to (860) 253-6264.
The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department. EOE/AA/M/F