- Town Manager
- Enfield Community Garden
Enfield Community Garden
Welcome to the 2023 Enfield Community Gardens!
Thank you for joining us, we are very excited to have you become a part of our community gardens this season! We recently expanded our gardens and are happy to now offer 5 different locations.
- Thompsonville Community Garden (Main Street)
- Enfield Library Community Garden (104 Middle Road) - SOLD OUT
- Lafayette Park Community Garden (Hartford Avenue)
- Green Manor Park Community Garden (Taylor Road)
- Enfield Memorial Park Community Garden (1010 Enfield St, former Alcorn School)
Approximately 10 to 49 garden beds will be communal beds at the above community garden locations to be tended by members or to be made available to families in need through Loaves and Fishes.
Raised garden beds will be filled with new garden soil. All tools in the shed, directions and information will be provided. To get you started with a bed rental, please review the Rules and Procedures and sign the attached Bed Rental Agreement and Waiver of Liability. Please note which community garden you want to rent.
The summer rental fee is only $25.00 for each raised garden bed. This rental fee includes use of tools, seeds, starter plants, compost, water, educational sessions, and videos, and a caring community. This is truly an amazing opportunity.
Mail your garden bed lease agreement and a check or money order (make check payable to Town of Enfield - Community Garden Plot) to: Enfield Community Garden-Lease Agreement, Cheryl Eckenroth, Town Managers Office, Town of Enfield, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082 or bring you garden bed lease agreement and a check or money order to the Town Managers Office at the Town Hall.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-253-6353.
To learn more about gardening, please watch the videos below by UConn Advanced Master Gardner, Trish Safner.
Thank you and happy gardening,
Free vegetable and flower seeds! The Pearl Street Library is again featuring our Gardening Hobby Packs. Come on down and check out a canvas bag with the book Raised-Bed Gardening for Beginners by Tammy Wylie. You’ll receive a variety of seed packets for free! Also included are resources on planting, composting, raised bed gardening, and an application for Enfield’s Community Gardens for those interested. Supplies are limited and only available at the Pearl Street Library. Don’t need all the resources, still stop in and say hi and grab a seed packet! If you have any questions, please call the library at 253-6433.
Community Garden Videos
- Episode 1 - Planting Day
- Episode 2 - All about Composting
- Episode 3 - Warm Season Plants
- Episode 4 - Organic Gardening Principles
- Episode 5 - Soil Fertility and Preservation
- Episode 6 - Good Bugs Bad Bugs
- Episode 7 - Planting a Fall Garden
- Episode 8 - Managing Weeds, Pests, and Disease
- Episode 9 - Planting the Fall Garden