- Public Works
- Refuse & Resource Management
- Bulky Waste Collection
Bulky Waste Collection
Items considered too large for regular weekly refuse collection (exceeding 60 pounds in weight or greater than 5 feet across) are collected on an appointment basis only. The fee for a bulky pickup is $150 PER TRUCK LOAD (prepay). For more specific details on this program, call the Refuse and Resource Management Division at 860-763-7527.
Bulky waste collection items include:
- Appliances (excluding: refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and all electronics)
- Carpets and linoleum
- Mattresses and box springs
- Scrap wood and lumber tied in bundles no greater than 6 feet in length
Items must be placed curbside the night before your pickup date, separated into the following piles: wood (tied and bundled, no longer than 6 feet in length), furniture, metal, appliances. DO NOT PLACE ITEMS UNDER THE HOUSE WIRES.
- No bags or boxes.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and any other items with freon (to be brought to the Transfer Station for a $20 fee per item).
- Electronics such as TVs, computers, monitors, printers, and microwaves can be brought to the Transfer Station during normal transfer station operating hours. There is no charge to residents and proof of residency is required.
- Household Trash, single stream recycling materials, boxes or bags. Discard on your regular trash day.
- Any demolition materials generated from home improvement (CANNOT be placed in any tipper for your scheduled pick up). Contractors must make arrangements with the Town of Enfield for disposal (Building Permit must accompany contractor) or they can use a private waste company.
- Household Hazardous Waste of any kind.
- Asbestos, shingles, sheet rock, concrete, windows with glass, mirrors, tables with glass, paint of any kind (can be brought to Sherwin Williams or Carr Hardware).
- Car / truck parts, oil, batteries, (oil and batteries can be brought to your local Auto Parts Store where purchased).
- Textiles, such as used clothing, stuffed animals, shoes, can be recycled at 40 Moody Road or the Transfer Station.
- Yard waste, leaves, grass, brush or logs. Can be disposed of at the Transfer Station.