Bulky Waste Collection
Items considered too large for regular weekly refuse collection (exceeding 60 pounds in weight or greater than 5 feet across) are collected on an appointment basis only. Effective for any appointments scheduled from 7/1/2018 on, the fee will be $150(prepay - cash or check payable to the Town of Enfield). For more specific details on this program, call the Refuse and Resource Management Division at 860-763-7560.
Bulky waste collection items include:
- Appliances (excluding: refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and all electronics)
- Carpets and linoleum
- Mattresses and box springs
- Scrap wood and lumber tied in bundles no greater than 6 feet in length
Items must be placed curbside the night before your pickup date, separated into the following piles: wood (tied and bundled, no longer than 6 feet in length, furniture, metal, appliances. DO NOT PLACE ITEMS UNDER THE HOUSE WIRES.:Prohibited Items
- Refrigerators, air conditioners and dehumidifiers must be brought to the Transfer Station at Town Farm Road. There will be a $20 fee per item required to be paid at time of disposal.
- Hazardous Wastes, paints, pesticides, oil, etc. Watch for our regularly scheduled Household Hazardous Waste Days for proper disposal.
- Electronics, such as TVs, computers, monitors, printers, and microwaves can be brought to the Transfer Station during normal transfer station operating hours. There is no charge to residents and proof of residency is required
- Household Trash, single stream recycling materials, boxes or bags. Discard on your regular trash or recycling day.
- Textiles, such as used clothing, stuffed animals, shoes, can be recycled at 40 Moody Road or the Transfer Station.
- Yard waste, leaves, grass, brush or logs. Can be disposed of at the Transfer Station.
- Waste and demolition material generated by a contractor for home improvement is not accepted as part of the Bulky Waste Collection Program. Homeowners should make waste disposal arrangements with their contractor or a private waste disposal firm.
- Other items not picked up: asbestos, shingles, sheet rock, concrete, windows with glass, glass, boxes, bags, vehicle parts.