ENFIELD SENIOR CENTER
As a focal point for aging services, the Enfield Senior Center provides social, educational, and recreational opportunities to enrich the mind, body and spirit of older adults in an open and accepting atmosphere.
May 2021 Newsletter <---- Click Here
Class Registration Information
VAMS Registration Guide
State Vaccination Hotline
Open Daily from 8:00am - 8:00pm
Walk-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Locations
You can now get vaccinated at these locations during the hours they accept walk-up appointments, without having to schedule in advance.
COVID vaccines are always provided without any charge to individuals. People are encouraged to bring an ID and their medical insurance, but it is not required and nobody will be turned away. Participating location in Enfield are below.
Able Care Pharmacy & Medical Supplies
Address: 15 Palomba Drive, Enfield, CT 06082
Walk-up Hours: Monday-Friday, 12 PM - 5 PM
Vaccine Type: Moderna, J&J
Costco Pharmacy Enfield
Address: 75 Freshwater Blvd, Enfield, CT 06082
Walk-up Hours: Monday-Friday 10 AM-7 PM; Saturday 9:30 AM-6 PM
Vaccine Type: Moderna and/or J&J
Johnson Memorial Hospital/Enfield Annex
Address: 124 North Maple St., Enfield, CT 06082
Walk-up Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-11:45 AM and 12:45 PM-4:30 PM
Vaccine Type: Pfizer
Senior Minor Home Repair Program: Re-Start June 1st
The Enfield Department of Social Services and the Commission on Aging are pleased to announce the re-opening of the volunteer Senior Minor Repair Program after a year-long shut-down due to the pandemic.
Beginning May 3rd Enfield residents ages 60 and over are eligible to schedule an appointment for service by calling 860-253-6396. Services will begin Tuesday June 1st and continue weekly on Tuesdays through November 2, 2021. Appointments will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis until slots are filled.
Types of service include installation of window air conditioning units, gutter cleaning, grab bars and handrails installation, hanging of curtains/blinds, replacement of thermostats and installation of smoke detectors.
Some of the services NOT provided include repairs that require a permit or license, painting, tree/bush trimming, furniture moving, or roof repairs. For a more comprehensive list please visit the Social Services website https://www.enfield-ct.gov/429/Social-Services
The COA volunteers will exercise all proper COVID precautions such as wearing facemasks and gloves and maintaining social distance as much as is feasible to the job. All residents are asked to likewise wear masks and/or remain socially distanced while the volunteers are performing the services. A safety pre-screen phone call will be made by the SMRP Coordinator the day before the scheduled service.
The following services are available via phone and are free 15-minute consultations from 10:00 to 11:45 am. Call the Senior Center at 860-763-7425 to schedule an appointment.
Ask the Lawyer: May 26th, 2021
Ask the Realtor: May 5th, 2021 or Open availability. Call 860-593-4248 to set up appointment.
Legal Consultation: May 18th, 2021
Ask The CPA: Open availability. Call 860-741-3716 to set up appointment.
PRIME FITNESS CENTER
Health and Wellness
PRIME Fitness Update
The Enfield Senior Center is excited to announce that it will re-open the Prime Fitness Center starting Monday, April 5, 2021.
To meet the State guidelines the Fitness Center will continue to do the following:
- The Fitness Center will continue to use the adjacent Multipurpose Room to provide 6 foot spacing between machines.
- All participants must wear a mask during their visit including while they workout.
- Members will be required to clean the machines after each use.
- Staff will perform general cleaning during the day as time permits.
- A staff member will be on duty while the Fitness Center is open.
- Members will enter through the external door marked Entrance to the Fitness Center and exit through the opposite external door marked Exit. Members will not be admitted to the Fitness Center from the main portion of the Senior Center.
- Congregating will not be permitted while entering, exiting, or using the Fitness Center.
- Chairs will be available inside the Fitness Center for member to change shoes. The lockers will not be available for use.
- Participants must be a current member. New memberships will not be taken at this time dues to limited hours.
Workout times and capacity limits:
- The Fitness Center will be open 8:00am – 4:00pm.
- No appointments will be necessary.
- There will be a limit of twelve (12) members in the Fitness Center the same time.
- If the Fitness Center has met its capacity of twelve (12) members, then other members will have to wait until someone leaves.
The Enfield Senior Center reserves the right to make changes to the Fitness Center as Town, State, or Federal regulations require.
Online Health and Wellness
Silver Sneakers: www.facebook.com/silversneakers