The priorities of the Economic Development goals include:
- Development of programs, services, incentives, events, and processes that maximize business retention, attraction, and development
- Activity that compliments residential and business interaction
- Promotion of investment into the community
Support & Develop Transit Center
Creation of a multi-access, multi-transit supporting facility in downtown Thompsonville.
Promote Small Business
Create a business-friendly culture that attracts new businesses and supports and sustains current businesses throughout town.
- Streamline planning and building processes.
- Explore economic incentives for new and existing businesses.
- Engage of businesses to help explore options.
Support Thompsonville Revitalization
Understand and support the activities, plans, and events that promote the revitalization of downtown Thompsonville.
- Engage community for support.
- Provide necessary funding when appropriate.
- Explore housing incentives.
- Examine vacant property inventory.
- Support and approve zoning changes.
- Explore zoning tax incentives.
Completion of Economic Analysis/Impact of Casino
Completion of a professional economic impact study on the development and building of a casino across the State line in Springfield, MA.
Select & Work with Preferred Developer in Thompsonville
Selection of and partnering with a single developer or several developers that share the town's vision and plan for the development of downtown Thompsonville.
- Completion and prioritization of vacant/available property inventory