Public safety goals:
- To create an atmosphere of residential and commercial safety, comfort, and mobility throughout the town
- To foster an environment of professionalism and achievement within the department
- To provide the ability to enforce laws in a timely and effective manner
Increased Police Presence in Thompsonville
Enhance residential safety and business development in the downtown Thompsonville area.
- Develop policing strategy.
- Engage the business and resident stakeholders.
- Develop metrics to analyze strategy and roll out.
- Reassess policing strategy.
- Implement long term policing strategy.
Satellite Police Station in Thompsonville
Create a permanent police station in Downtown Thompsonville:
- Assess personnel/division adjustments to Thompsonville.
- Assess policing and command structure of new facility.
- Understand funding parameters for new facility.
- Assess potential locations for new facility.
- Purchase / construct new facility.
- Move in.
Improve Police Officer Retention
Understand causes of officer flight, develop strategies to retain officers, and implement programs and incentives to retain current and attract new officers.
- Complete Compensation Study.
- Develop and complete employee retention study.
Expansion of the Police Station
Understand the needs of the Police Department, develop a plan for possible expansion, and configure the facility to best fit the needs of the department.
- Understand impact of Satellite Police Station in Thompsonville Initiative.
- Understand funding parameters for facility.
- If appropriate, construct expanded facility.
Maintain & Expand Training & Professional Development
Promote and fund training and professional development opportunities for police leadership and officers.