Quality of Life goals:
To create an environment throughout the Town of Enfield that enhances the mobility and recreational opportunities of residents, the attraction of customers to businesses, and a community feel that attracts homeowners and long-term renters.
Creation of Community Center
- Creation of Community Center Committee
- Selection of site
- Refurbishment of facility
- Referendum - 2016
- Opening of a centrally-located community center to include Library, Rec, E-TV, EMS
Additional Bicycle/Pedestrian Paths
Dedication to the planning, design, and development of interconnected bicycle and pedestrian pathway through Town that promotes a healthy lifestyle.
- Completion & Adoption of "Complete Streets" plan
- Develop priority listing of phase-in of paths & bikeways
- Obtain funding
Expansion of current and development of new greenways and walkways to effectuate additional bicycle/pedestrian pathways.
- Identify priority phase-in of new connections per the current POCD
- Work with owners of properties for acquisition and/or easements
Purchase of adjacent land along the CT River to develop recreational and open space land and encourage improvements.
- Complete design of CT River Access Project
- Acquisition of relevant properties
- Develop connections with public to River
- Riverfront Development Process
Coordinating and scheduling events throughout Town, especially Downtown, that attract people outside and provide additional entertainment opportunities.
- Outdoor movies
- Outdoor concerts
- Holiday celebrations
- Recreational events
- Concession agreements for Pond/Riverfront activities