Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
299 Elm Street, Enfield,
News Release for the Week of January
Make a New Year’s Resolution for a healthy 2018! Visit PRIME
Fitness, the Enfield Senior Center fitness center, to talk with a Fitness
Assistant who can tell you about the services we offer. Workout programs are
designed just for you. If your supplemental insurance plan offers Silver
Sneakers or Silver & Fit, you may be eligible for a free membership. Stop
in or call 860-272-3554.
We would like to thank a dedicated patron for the donation of a new poker table for the Senior Center in honor of his mother. They wanted to provide more room
at the poker tables to welcome new players, so decided this would be the
perfect Christmas gift! We are truly appreciative of this generous and
thoughtful donation that will be enjoyed for many years to come.
Join us on January 17 at 1 pm for an informative seminar presented by St. Francis Care New
Year, New You – Improving Your Health in the New Year. Learn more about a few easy changes you
can make to improve your overall health and well-being. Let’s make 2018 your healthiest year yet!
The movie Paris
Can Wait will be shown on January 18 at 4 pm. When her director husband is occupied with
work in Paris, an American woman takes a jaunt with his business associate, a
charming Gallic rogue who is happy to squire her on a tour of some of the
finest meals in Provence. Tickets are available in advance or at the door for
Tax-Aide will be offered on Mondays beginning in February at the Senior Center. IRS-trained AARP volunteers complete Federal and State income tax returns at no charge for those 60 and older. This service is intended for the
completion of average tax returns. If
you tax return cannot be completed in one hour or less, and is overly complex,
it is advisable to use the services of a paid professional. Call the Senior
Center office for an appointment.
Trip flyers are available on our website at www.enfield-ct.gov/seniors or can be picked up at the Senior Center.
Day trips are available for sale on or after the trip sign-up date.
· Westchester Theatre – Chorus Line, March 1, 2018. Cost $111 per person includes pre-show lunch.
· Grand Oak Villa – Pasta & Shamrocks, March 20, 2018. Cost $92 per person. Trip sign up
date is January 5, 2018 at 10 am.
· Newport Playhouse – Exit Laughing, April 10, 2018. Cost $94 per person. Trip sign up
date is February 2, 2018 at 10 am.
· The Metropolitan Opera – Romeo & Juliet, May 5, 2018. Cost $150 per person. Trip sign up date is January 26, 2018 at 10 am.
· Red Sox Game at Fenway Park, June 24, 2018. Cost $142 per person. Only 20 seats available for this trip! Reservations currently being accepted.
Reservations are being accepted for multi-day
· Spain’s Classics, April 26 – May 6, 2018. Cost $3,999 pp/double.
· Virginia Beach, VA & The Outer Banks, NC, April 30 – May 4, 2018. Cost $701 pp/double.
· 1000 Islands, Alexandria Bay, NY, June 6 – 8, 2018. Cost $513 pp/double.
· Colorado’s Historic Trains, August 10 – 18, 2018. Cost $3,299 pp/double.
· Lancaster, PA Sight & Sound Theatre ‘Jesus’, September 24 -26, 2018.
Cost $453 pp/double.
· Mediterranean Cruise, September 22 – October 5, 2018. Cost $2999 pp/double.
· Nashville Music City, October 9 – 16, 2018. Cost $1,763 pp/double.
· Iceland, November 29 – December 5, 2018. Cost $3,759 pp/double.
· American Queen River Cruise, New Orleans to Memphis, December 2 – 10, 2018. Cost $2,599 inside cabin pp/double includes
Air, shore excursions and more.
Lunch reservations can be made by calling 860-763-7428. Comments, questions or concerns email SeniorCenter@enfield.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.