Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
TRANSFER STATION MODIFIED POLICY AND PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID-19 EFFECTIVE FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2020
To continue to keep the transfer station open and limit exposure to staff, DPW respectfully requests the following modifications to current policy:
•The Transfer Station will accept only cardboard, brush, yard waste and electronics.
*These items are no cost, therefore, no exchange of money or other potential exposure.
• Residents will show the scale operator their permit through their closed window, get weighed and continue on.
• If a resident does not have a permit, staff will record their license plate and charge them on the following visit.
• The container area “The Hill,” will be barricaded until further notice to minimize pre- dumping.
• Residents with many bulky items will be requested to schedule a bulky waste pickup through DPW for the regular fee of $150.
• Signage will be erected by Friday morning along Ecology Drive stating what residents can/cannot dump.
Please follow Town Manager of Facebook and visit https://www.enfield-ct.gov/306/Public-Works for further updates on this matter.